Just 20 minutes south of Christchurch is Canterbury’s most beautiful, exclusive venue. Created with celebrations in mind, Pemberton Gardens is the perfect location to create lifelong memories.
Pemberton is our stunning purpose-built event venue in Prebbleton. Set amongst large grounds offering a choice of ceremony locations, outdoor courtyard, a beautiful pagoda, and a stunning interior.
Your photographers and videographers will be spoilt for choice with an array of beautiful locations to capture the memories of your celebration.
An all-weather venue with extensive grounds offering established gardens, a choice of wedding ceremony locations, an abundance of photo opportunities, a large reception space and a cosy outdoor fire for the cooler months – Pemberton truly has everything you need for your special day.
Our venue includes a commercial kitchen for your choice of three on-site caterers, plenty of on-site parking, elegant bathroom facilities, a bridal room, stage and dance floor, where you will dance until the early hours.
The team at Pemberton looks forward to helping you create memories that will last a lifetime.
Frequently Asked Questions
What capacity does the venue hold?
The venue can seat up to 180 guests or 250 standing for a cocktail style event.
What is included in the venue hire?
▪ Round tables (8-10 guests per table) for guest seating and a long head table (12max)
▪ White table linen & White linen napkins
▪ Cake table, gift table, sideboard for dessert, outdoor bar in courtyard, indoor bar
▪ Crockery & cutlery (white plates, silver cutlery)
▪ 60 Outdoor white ceremony chairs
▪ Registry table & chair
▪ Stage and existing lighting for entertainment
▪ Portable speaker with wireless microphone available for ceremony and speeches
▪ Glassware and carafes
▪ Cleaning of venue
What time period is included in the venue hire?
▪ One site visit prior to your booking
▪ Access day prior if available if unavailable access day of booking from 9am
▪ Close of venue midnight night of booking
What are the beverage options?
Pemberton offers two options, beverage packages or on consumption.
We are unable to allow BYO.
Option One: Beverage Pack
We offer standard or a premium 8hour beverage pack, consisting of a selection of beer, wine, bubbles, and non-alcoholic options.
Option Two: Beverage on consumption
You have the choice to pick your own items from our Pemberton list prior to the event.
Those items will then be available to your guests on the day.
You will then be invoiced for the amount of beverages consumed (these are retail prices).
Both options include:
▪ Trayed service post-ceremony
▪ Complete bar set up
▪ A licensed duty manager
▪ All bar equipment
▪ All rubbish & recycling
What caterer can I use?
There is a choice of three catering companies at Pemberton:
Our seasonal menus are designed using fresh local produce to create delicious dishes.
Continental is our premium experience combining superb catering and expertise to ensure the highest quality event.
Moveable Feasts www.moveablefeasts.co.nz
Specialising in location weddings and events, we are flexible in our approach
and create menus to suit your preferences.
Our staff are hospitality specialists bringing
a wealth of knowledge to your wedding or event.
BBQ Cartel www.bbqcartel.co.nz
We love the ‘low and slow’ BBQ and our experienced Pitmasters pride themselves
on producing succulent meat for every occasion. Complemented by hearty salads
and tasty canapes and morsels the Cartel is an authentic BBQ experience
that never fails to please
What is included in the set up and pack down?
▪ One site visit prior to the wedding day
▪ Our staff onsite will set your tables, chairs, linen, napkins, crockery, cutlery, glassware ahead of time
▪ Layout out and packing down of ceremony chairs
▪ Staff members are available to breakdown and pack away your theming into boxes for you and your family to take away the evening of the wedding
▪ Access day prior to set up your theming if no bookings, this can be confirmed if access can be granted in the weeks leading up to your booking
Is there a wet weather option?
Pemberton has a large dance floor and stage that can be transformed into a beautiful indoor option to avoid any bad weather.
For smaller numbers our pagoda can be used as a wet weather option also.
How can I book a viewing?
Please contact our team to arrange a time to see the venue
Is there any onsite accommodation?
There is an Air BnB located at the rear of the property which is perfect for getting
ready with your nearest and dearest and a cosy place to stay.
Contact email@example.com should you wish to explore this option.
Our Supplier page also lists some other local accommodation options.
What Our Couples Say